The SSC exams are conducted for various posts for recruitment to different Government Departments. The exams are conducted annually and the number of applicants appearing for the exams has increased massively over the past few years. The SSC CGL exam is one of the most sought after exams among the SSC exams.
The SSC Combined Graduate Level examination is a national level examination and is conducted by the Staff Selection Commission. Candidates preparing for the SSC exam can note down the below-mentioned points for the SSC CGL exam and prepare for the upcoming SSC exam.
- SSC CGL Notification: SSC releases the official notification one or two months prior to when the exam is to be conducted. The notification mentions details about the vacancies, eligibility, exam pattern and the key dates regarding the exam. Candidates preparing for the upcoming SSC exam can refer to the notification for all the important details.
- SSC CGL Eligibility: Certain eligibility criteria need to be fulfilled by each candidate appearing for the exam. This criteria involves the Nationality of the applicant, the educational qualification and age limit. There are a few relaxations that are available for candidates belonging to different categories. Age relaxation and the number of attempts are different for candidates from different categories.
- SSC CGL Vacancy: Recruitment to various Departments of Government Offices is conducted annually and the number of vacancies released depends upon the need of the Organisation. The notification released for the year 2019 notified close to 8000 vacancies released for recruitment. These vacancies may increase or decrease for 2020 recruitment, depending upon the requirement.
- SSC CGL Salary: One of the most important reasons for the candidate’s attraction towards this job profile is the salary offered by SSC. The salary offered is high and along with it, the employee is provided with various perks. The basic pay varies from Rs.24,000 to Rs. 64,000. This is exclusive of the perks provided to the employee. Travel allowance, medical allowance, HRA, dearness allowance are a few among the many benefits provided by SSC.
- SSC CGL Posts: Recruitment is conducted for various posts under the Combined Graduate Level Examinations. Given below is the list of posts for which recruitment is conducted:
- Assistant Audit Officer
- Assistant (Central Vigilance Commission, Ministry of Railway, Intelligence Bureau, Ministry of External Affairs, Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Services)
- Inspector Income Tax
- Inspector (Central Excise, Preventive Officer, Examiner)
- Sub Inspector
- Statistical Invigilator
- Auditor (Offices under CAG, Offices under CGDA)
- Accountant & Junior Accountant
- Senior Secretariat Assistant
- Tax Assistant
The points mentioned above for the SSC exams are important for all the candidates to be acquainted with and accordingly start preparations for the exam. Apart from this, the exam pattern and syllabus are the other two most important things that the candidate must be aware of before strategising their study plan for the upcoming examination.